…in addition to the assigning bed types to bedrooms feature that was outlined in our last blog post, the team has been hard at work on several initiatives:
- Version 2.0 of the Lodgix WordPress Plugin. The video below gives a brief overview of where we are with that. Probably a later September launch.
- Conversion of the Work Orders system to mobile friendly interfaces. This should launch by 2nd week of September.
- Horizontal scrolling on the multi calendar tape. In final phases of testing. Possible launch by 2nd week of September.
- Support for custom cancellation policies on VRBO. Possible mid September launch.
- Entirely new REST API. This feature is much anticipated and will allow Lodgix to feature a completely open architecture. Beta publication and testing should begin September 4th!
Lots of resources are currently being put towards updating the mobile experience for guests and for Lodgix users, as well as making the application more developer friendly. It’s a large application with many moving parts, so it’s important that we step back from time to time to assure that the product is adapting with the times. In light of that, we really hope to spend considerable time in 4Q 2020 implementing a new mobile friendly dashboard, while also updating our invoicing and trigger systems. Those three systems are in dire need of a refresh!